Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So, I'm giving iTunes a shot

I'm not usually a huge fan of technology.  Some of it can be pretty sweet, but for the most part, I find it unnecessary and excessive.  Everyone knows about iTunes and how it along with Mac is taking over the world, and up until now, I was successfully able to block it out of my mind.  I don't have anything against them (I own a MacBook and love it) but I just didn't have a need for iTunes so I didn't really deal with it.

Well, at camp this summer, one of my camper's mothers gave my co-counselor and me a $10 iTunes gift card.  For the longest time, it just sat in the bottom of one of my drawers.  Then, as I posted a few days ago, I won another $25 in iTunes money at the open mic.  So with $35 in iTunes money, I figured it was time I acted on it.

Well, in the last 3 hours, I have gone through this shopping list:
  1. rented "Garden State" and watched it (incredible movie - the soundtrack is killer, I may have to blog on it)
  2. bought The Almost's new 5-song EP (another potential blog post)
  3. bought a $10 software update which allows me to download applications
  4. downloaded Relevant Magazine's podcast
  5. downloaded a couple pointless but entertained applications
I've only got $16.50 remaining.  Hopefully it's not gone by the time I go to sleep.  Perhaps I should turn off my computer and think about my purchases before I go through with them.  Because once I run out of gift card money, there's no more buying to be done.

No comments: