Monday, September 8, 2008

Why the Title?

So today in our Media Writing class, we were sharing our blogs and someone correctly guessed as to what my blog title comes from. This made me realize that I have yet to explain why I named my blog "Sing Like You Think No One's Listening." Several of the blogs I see have simple names such as "Bob's Blog" or "In the Kitchen," both of which are obvious as to what they will be about. Bob is probably going to tell you about things going on in his life and the latter may show us how to cook something new and exciting." Sing like you think no one's listening" is the first line to the chorus in Straylight Run's "Existentialism of Prom Night."

It benefits my blog in a couple ways. First, my blog is heavily about music so my title being a lyric just seems appropriate. And not just any lyric, but a lyric about music. Second, I love just that - what it's about - the meaning of the line. I try to "sing like no one is listening" in a lot of what I do, not just while in the shower or in my car. If I am passionate about something (my faith, music) then I go all out regardless of what outside influences surround me.

Oh, and you can't forget that the song is just amazing.

Well, that clears that up.

Photo courtesy of band's MySpace page.

No comments: